Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tip #2: Knee pain? Learn how to tie your shoes!

Are you tying your shoes right? It is kind of an offensive question when you think about it, of course I'm tying my shoes right! I've been an expert shoe tie-er since kindergarten!
Apparently, this might not be the case, at least in terms of your running shoes. Having the wrong knot in your shoe may not seem like a big deal, but it can cause knee problems.
But have no fear if you are sitting there, scratching your head, thinking, "I did have some problems with cut and paste...maybe I didn't really learn how to tie my shoes!" (or, more likely, if you are starting to experience some knee problems and you aren't 55). Runner's World has provided this lovely, how-to video so you can make sure your sore knees aren't a result of poor bunny ears. My roommate had been having sore knees, she watched the video, figured out she WAS tying her shoes wrong, and her knee problems have all but been eliminated!

No comments:

Post a Comment